Hydrogen and Fuel cells: decarbonising industry and accelerating sustainable mobility
As a high-potential energy carrier, renewable hydrogen opens up a promising avenue for the energy transition and the decarbonisation of heavy industry, transport and certain stationary applications. With the firm belief that fuel cells will play a decisive role in the industrial transformation and development of clean mobility, the Bontaz Group is pursuing the subject with conviction. The hydrogen economy is gathering momentum: Bontaz is mobilising its expertise and capacity for innovation to speed up deployment.
patents registered in 2022
projects in development for series launch in 2026
Developing technological solutions for the fuel cell
- Electric mobility, for the road, rail, maritime and aeronautical sectors.
- Stationary systems, to supply stand-alone and emergency power systems.
Our portfolio of components covers a wide range of fuel cell system outputs (up to 1MW). Bontaz has extensive expertise in fluid flow engineering and its associated control.
Deploying our Fuel Cell ambition
- Improving component performance and controlling costs: ever lighter and more compact, our products are designed to deliver optimum performance and maximum service life.
- Robust solutions: based on our experience with internal combustion engines for trucks and off-road vehicles
- Eco-design: to reduce our impact on the environment, we integrate the precepts of sustainable development into the design phase of our products, and throughout their life cycle.
- Vertical integration: from the design of the hydraulic system to the development of the valve actuator, we control every stage in the production and distribution of our components.
Supporting our customers on the road to mass production
In industry in general and the automotive sector in particular, developing components with compact overall dimensions is a major challenge. Every gram counts in reducing energy consumption, limiting CO2 emissions and lowering manufacturing costs. At Bontaz, one of our key skills is specifically to support our customers in the deployment of innovative architectures and functionalities. To meet the hydrogen challenge, we position ourselves as a partner, guiding our customers towards the emergence of viable, high added-value solutions. We support our customers’ projects from design and validation through to mass production.